Shopping Smart at Michael’s!
Michael’s is easily one of my favorite places to shop! For one, it is a DIY/Crafster’s dream store with supplies for almost every type of crafting goodness under the sun. Two…if you plan right, you can save tons of money by taking advantage of their online, mobile, print and membership deals and coupons!
Here are 3 quick tips to help you save at Michael’s:
1. Join the Michael’s Rewards program: If you find yourself shopping there only once a year or several times a week (like me!), you will benefit greatly by joining their rewards program! It’s free and there are so many benefits, including:
- 20% off your entire purchase as a special Welcome Offer
- Special discounts on products (member specials)
- 20% off your entire purchase as a Birthday Gift
- Dedicated customer relations phone line
- Additional 5% off custom framing promotions
I’ve seriously benefited from the rewards program already, and my heart gets happy whenever I receive those special member emails with discounts like $5 off a $20 order : ) Just make sure you remember to ask the register to always scan your card whenever you make a purchase there to access your discounts. (Sidenote: If you spend more than $250, your membership is automatically upgraded to Gold Status with even more benefits added!)
2. Gather those Michael’s coupons!: With the amount of coupons this store offers, I NEVER shop at Michael’s without using a coupon in some way, shape or form! One of their most popular coupons is the 40% off a regular item, but they always have a variety of deals, which can show up in places like:
- Sunday Paper
- Coupons section on Michaels.com
- The Michael’s mobile app (Available for iPhone and Android users)
- Occasional printed coupons that you receive with your sales receipt at a Michael’s store (don’t throw these away by accident!)
3. Scout their Weekly Deals: When Michael’s offers deals, they really are DEALS! I will never forget the week paper punches were 50% OFF!! To keep posted on their weekly deals, you can either check the listings on your Michael’s mobile app, visit the Our Weekly Ad section on their website, or see them listed in the Michael’s insert in the Sunday paper at times. (Sidenote: This week they have a “Buy One get One for 1 cent” deal for select items! – umm wow!)
Well I hope these tips help you out at your next trip to Michael’s! If you’ve scored some deals there before and want to share below in the comments, by all means…please do!